Thursday 20 March 2014

Don and Herman

You look funny....in a good way
Part of the reason I like going to my barber is that she has a comic book by Jim Unger (Herman). I don't mind waiting for other customers to be tonsured because I can study these great cartoons. I haven't figured out how come Mr. Unger liked the heavy dark patterns on the clothes as the faces nearly get lost in them.
Earlier in the week I was thinking about how much I enjoyed Don Martin's cartoons in Mad Magazine. His sound effects were unique and those feet with the hinges were genius! Many a happy hour has been spent poring over those great cartoons.
 Then I wondered what it would have been like had Don Martin's characters met up with "Herman" and the gang. That would be my version of an "all Star" game.

No comments: