Friday 4 October 2013

Shutdown Throwdown...what's the lowdown?

It's in the best interest of the American people that I sleep in today
Truth: The hardest part about reading disturbing news is the profound sense of helplessness I feel. It might be wrong, but there it is. The bizarre theater going on with "the shutdown" has me thinking.
You remember the TV show Malcolm in the Middle? There was a teaser for the show that includes Lois yelling out about her family situation "What's the matter with you people?" I'd like to send Lois to Washington DC. Maybe we could just sit the politicians and lobbyists down and play that bit of video.
I think Lois' voice would be drowned out by the moneyed special interest groups calling the shots while the "elected officials" put on their Punch and Judy show as a way to pander to them. There I said it.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

makes you wanna sing " OH CANADA..."

Mom Belle said...

Hey kiddo, Romie said "Go Bart", "Go Bart"!!!

Mom :o)