Tuesday 14 January 2014

Collaboration


Many of the cartoons we see in the papers or in Mad Magazine come from team effort. Somebody writes, somebody sketches, somebody inks, somebody renders, another person captions and so on....This pair of drawings is for a project my wife is putting together. I drew and inked...she did the color and blending. It amazes me how the coloring makes the drawings "pop".  Besides colorizing my drawings once in a while, my spouse designs and makes greeting cards, spins wool into yarn, knits, weaves, and a variety of creative pursuits. I tried to talk her into putting designs onto pottery I make. She decided she prefers working with fiber and with paper and I think she does amazing work in her chosen media.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

she makes stunning cards, these colors are stunning AND I am stunned at how awesome the collaboration is!