Tuesday 24 June 2014

Time Warp Tuesday-Is it summer yet?

Circa 1968 or so. I'm sitting far left.
I've always loved summer for a lot of reasons. It used to be that I loved being done with school. For a while I looked forward to going to baseball practice, catching "Lost in Space" on television, going to the swimming pool, and the biggie.... picnics. I love "summer food" like watermelon, corn on the cob, hotdogs and potato salad.
    This picnic table lasted many seasons and until I was in my early twenties, one of my brothers or I had the task of shoring up the hardware and keeping the table and benches together and also adding a coat of stain for the new picnic season.
     Officially it's summer "up here". So far, I suspect Mother Nature didn't get the memo.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

didn't get the memo, you poor guys! Awesome picnic photo, happy dude :)