Thursday 6 December 2012

Is Simplicity Big Business?

So, how much for a copy of "Stuff Won't Make You Happy"?

   I like the idea of living simply. Sometimes we get carried away buying stuff*, so I'm interested in books and magazines that affirm a simpler, saner way of living. I began looking for some helpful things to read and discovered that most of these helpful tomes are FOR SALE. The irony of something like that is both cause for me to do a little soul searching AND....to laugh while I break out the pencil and paper!

* There's nothing wrong with buying good stuff like a great cup of coffee for which I'd gladly pay a bit more and some excellent handmade articles like, oh, let's say, pottery?  I can refer you to virtuoso potters in both Upstate New York and PEI :)
 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of my book on eliminating clutter--I uncovered it the other day!!!!

Tracy :-)

Mom Belle said...

That's cause you're such an easy-going sweet guy - a good cup of coffee and a pencil and paper would not make too many people happy!! :o)

bartster said...

So how many can claim such a sweet and supportive mother-in-law? Lucky guy that bartster....