Wednesday 5 December 2012

Snow Face

We had a quick warm up and the snow was perfect for making faces. The tool kit for this guy included a snow shovel, a garden trowel, a short length of rebar (I love saying "rebar"...makes me feel so industrious) and even a pencil for shaping and contouring. Unlike when drawing, I did have to deal with things like gravity...when you draw, you get away with quite a bit that you can't in a 3-D world.
   The guy makes me laugh, although he does resemble a very crotchety Ned Flanders. The hat? It's one of my regular pre-winter hats.
   My spell checker doesn't like the word rebar. It doesn't know what it's missing.

3 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Oh, DUDE!

Mom Belle said...

I like him!! I hope he doesn't melt too fast. You can see other "things" in the face if you use your imagination - like a little girl with a full skirt with a round ball at the belt (except she has 3 feet) :o)

bartster said...

This guy melted and refroze and is now like a big ice cube. I took the hat off after the photo...