Friday 18 January 2013

Facing Critique

Actually she said the sermon was soporific, not "so terrific"
 In this case, the words came first, followed by the setting. The drawing and characters were last.  I'm tempted to fuss more with this one (like most) but am aware that I'm still learning the balance between 'tweaking' and overworking something to the point of dullness.

Maybe I'm shooting for "planned spontaneity". I'd like the work to have some liveliness to it and still have recognizable forms and a hint of perspective now and then. Enough already---don't want this post to become "so terrific" either.

5 comments:

asmac said...

Hey Bart. I think you should submit your toons to Canada Lutheran for publication :)

asmac said...

Hey Bart. I think you should submit your toons to Canada Lutheran for publication :)

bartster said...

Nice of you to say so---the former editor saw some of my drawings on a table at a convention and liked them. Suppose the toons would 'benefit' CL readers?

homecraft said...

He looks pretty happy when he though she said it was "So terrific"...to bad the assistant had to burst his bubble!

:O)

Anonymous said...

Hi Bart , this is Ruth your Mom's friend from the old days, she sent me a birthday card and your blog so thought I should check it out pretty good for a kid from Billings , We are in Yuma AZ for the winter and then go home to Billings in the summer.