Friday 4 January 2013

Facing Friday

   Someone once asked me whether I cartoon "from the head or from the heart". I love that question, although I haven't an answer. Today's toon came from a sketch last night. I started with the little guy with the pronounced proboscis. This morning I looked at him again and this image came to mind. My journey reading Cat Bennett's wonderful book The Confident Creative has me thinking about finding my own style and being 'intentional' about what I do. Today was more like "just go with it and try not to get to precious about where all the lines go". I submit this one as "provisional" and reserve the right to revise....I already have some ideas, but the day is getting on! Happy Friday, all.

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

hahahaha oh very good Bartster...

bartster said...

Thanks Gary! I enjoyed playing with the idea of telling a story using pictures and the editorial device of locators (like signs).