Friday 11 January 2013

Facing the Elements


School is cancelled in our part of the province. Blizzard's coming, they say. For openers, temps were just above freezing yesterday and we had some drizzle overnight and the temps now are dropping to about zero (F). So it's probably too icy to drive places unless.......

Snow day please please pleaaaaaase let it be a snow day
While I was reading about the cancellations and checking out the dire predictions (oh, I believe they'll come about) I hear whining engines in the field by our house. Even before the school bell would ring on a non-snow day, kids are out running their sleds. Yep, it's easier to get up and out into the world when there's the prospect of having fun.
I'll be walking to a meeting in a bit and have my boots and grippy chains, so I should be all right. I'll have to invent some fun along the way......

2 comments:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

Invent fun along the way: throwing snowballs at snowmen?!

bartster said...

The snow's blowing laterally and too cold and dry to form into snowballs. I sought the solace of indoors and coffee instead:)