Wednesday 30 January 2013

Put on a Happy Face

    My wife returned from a trip to the U.S. to be with her mom and family and to attend a funeral. Because I would be at the office when she got to the house I thought maybe 'somebody's' face should welcome her at the door even before the dogs did....so this guy was "elected".  I probably looked much the same when I got home and my bride was unpacking and settling in.
     I feel much more like "myself" now that she's back---that sense of feeling lost and disconnected when someone is away makes me think about people who are separated from loved ones for longer periods (like families of military personnel) or even when the separations  are permanent (as with those who have had a relationship end or are widowed). May those feeling 'lost' and separated find comfort.
    In a completely unrelated note....I get a kick out of reading the "statistics" on this blog that note countries where someone is looking at these faces. Thank you all for reading and I'd like to especially greet the folk in Germany and Ukraine who have been reading. Interestingly, many who live in our town in Canada have ancestors who come from these two countries....we also live in a home owned by the Ukrainian Catholic Church. So we're connected, yes?
 

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

To make myself seem more international, I feel like responding something like the Muppets Swedish chef say "here de bere de bork bork bork!" (loose translation "smiling back atcha Bartster!")